Monday, August 30, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Next, my apologies for not having anything to donate to the sisterhood yet. Sadly I can still wear everything except one pair of pants that I'm saving for my Jared photo. When I lost 80 pounds a few years ago, I purged everything that didn't fit me, I gave all of my clothes away and then started gaining weight again. So, in an effort to slow the progression, I didn't do much shopping, I vowed to stay uncomfortable til I got my mojo back and started losing weight. So....when I do have clothes to pass on I will, but for now, I'm shopping in my closet and enjoying some things that haven't seen daylight in a year or two.
Last night my son had his first football game of the season. My son goes to the same High School that I went to. It's a relatively small private school and many of the parents were classmates of mine, it was weird and wonderful and very nostalgic. I cannot believe that he and my step-daughter are sophomores. I don't know how this happened. Then yesterday, my oldest niece, well she turned 30. So, all of a sudden, I'm realizing that a substantial amount of time has passed in my lifetime. I'm not worried and I don't particularly feel old all the time. But, on days like yesterday I would say I feel a little more "mature" than other days.
I'm really glad it's Friday, although I don't know how much rest I'm going to get. My youngest son has Cotillion tonight and of course the boys have to get together at my house before to spray on too much cologne and talk strategy. I do love my life and I'm glad that so many of you are in it.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
It's Wednesday though, and I like that. Take it easy.
Monday, August 23, 2010
In other news, it was a busy weekend. Lot's of stuff going on and a very sick son on Saturday. All is well today, I have a busy week ahead of me and many opportunities to get off track. I really want to get focused and re-energize my weight loss efforts. So, send me some mojo vibes. Happy Monday all!
Friday, August 20, 2010
- I got a haircut yesterday, it amazes me how a new haircut can make me feel so much better.
- Why does Tuna salad taste so much better when someone else makes it?
- Ever have a bad underwear day? When my underwear don't fit right, it jacks up my whole day!
- I finally broke down and bought the dreaded cheeseburger Doritos that Cindylew blogged about. OMG...how can a bunch of dudes in lab coats make a chip taste just like a burger?
- How can my house get so dusty in just one week?
- Why do I love office supplies so much?
- Why are the numbers on a calculator key pad in different order than the phone, it just seams logical to make them the same, I would dial a lot fewer wrong numbers.
- Why can't all of the key pads for credit/debit card swiper thingies be the same, I always get cash back when I don't want it, because I don't want to get out my reading glasses.
- Why do your eyes get increasingly worse the closer you get to 50? Oh, never mind, I know that answer, it's so you can't see the goat hairs that decide to take up residency on your chin!
- Why do I save my filing til Friday, when I hate filing but love Friday?
Well, enough of that. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Big Hug!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Sounds exciting, I know.... let me just try to explain:
- The excitement part: I'm so happy that my plateau finally ended! I am 10 pounds away from being thinner than my husband has ever known me! Also, there are so many really successful banded people out there sharing there stories, Amy W. just made goal. I feel like I've read her blog for so long and watched her struggles and successes, she really makes me feel like I can do this too!
- The nervousness part: I'm 10 pounds from being the thinnest my husband has ever known me (a weight that I stayed at for maybe 3 hours, and then the climb upward began.) I also am nervous and concerned about getting a fill. I feel pretty confident that this is a good place for me right now, but I read so much about others having way more of a fill than I do and I keep second guessing myself.
- The hormonal part: Well that goes without saying, look at me funny... there will be tears.
- The growing pains part: I'm anxious. I feel good about my weight loss, people are starting to notice the changes, but I want to be further along. I'm going in October with my husband to Ohio to meet some of his old friends. I want to be thin when I meet those people. I know I can lose 10 pounds by then and when I was at that weight last time, I felt amazing. I remember getting to my current weight before and feeling amazing, why am I having so much trouble appreciating the journey and enjoying my successes in the here and now?
I know I sound crazy, but it's all trapped in my head and it's got to find it's way out. Thank you all for your incredible support. I feel like a lot of folks in blog land are going through some difficult transitions too. We're lucky to have each other. Happy Wednesday guys!
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
1. Do you remember your last dream?
Yes, I dreamt that this man came to my door to deliver a monogram wall hanging that I apparently ordered from someone, he said I have this too, and he handed me an envelope, it was a check for $32,000.00. I kept asking what it was for, he said a secret friend sent it just because. I was very excited.
2. Which is your favorite body part of the human body and why?
I like a good bottom lip.
It's sexy on a man, cute on a kid, I just like it.
3. Tell me about your first kiss...
Spin the bottle at my friend's house in 6th grade. It was less than great.
4. How big is your bed?
King size sleep # bed, I love it, I'm a 45 and my husband is a 65.
5. Repeat question....whose blog or comment stuck with you the most this week and why? I can't narrow it down, I love all the great blogs and all the wonderful comments I've gotten. I must admit, I have a morbid fascination with this man who is ruffling so many feathers as of late. I just tend to ignore people like him. I think he just wants attention, and well…we're giving him plenty. So, let's all stop and just ignore.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Big hugs!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
The nurse kept saying that if she had a weight problem, she would never get the band! I finally spoke up and was like....it is unrealistic to think you can loose a great amount of weight and never experience any discomfort. She said, yeah, but you're disciplined. I said, yes, but don't you need discipline to live with gastric bypass or the sleeve? She said, no! I was like, I know several people who have had gastric bypass and they have gained all of their weight back, just like some people with the band have. She said, I know people like that too, but usually it's 5 years out before they start gaining. And she said that I was an exception to the rule. I was happy with my band and that for every 20 people who are happy, there are 80 who hate it. It just made me mad for many reasons. First because I think she was selling the band short. I think they want to do the other surgeries, because they cost more and because it takes less effort on the part of the patient, so they feel more successful. I think that the band was the right choice for me, but I went into it knowing what to expect and knowing that I have to do my part too. I can't imagine anyone not knowing that. But then, some of the comments around the room last night, made it evident to me, that indeed that's the way some folks roll.
I have made lots of changes in my life style. I was always a successful dieter, but I have never been able to maintain my weight loss though. I feel like the band is giving me the opportunity to lose weight while feeling more satisfied and to have a shot at keeping the weight off. I don't know what Christy is going to decide. She has some issues with scar tissue and being unable to tolerate foreign objects in her body, so it may not be a viable choice for her. She may be a better candidate for one of the other surgeries, or she may not do it at all. But either way, I was very put off by the way the nurse handled the seminar last night. I'll be sure to tell her on my next visit too!
I hope everyone has a great day, thanks for the sweet comments about my ex. I love knowing that so many of you have my emotional "back!" Also, thanks for the comments on the BOOBS page, Draz said such sweet things in the introduction. We are indeed lucky to have such a wonderful community of support!
Monday, August 9, 2010
In other news, I'm going with my friend Christy (http://smilies63.blogspot.com/) tonight to her WLS seminar. I'm happy to share the journey with a friend. I wish the scale would move, but sadly it hasn't. I did walk this morning, my knee is all better, so I guess I'll just keep up the walking.
Have a great day, big Hug!
Friday, August 6, 2010
Happy weekend guys!
Hugs from Stuckatthesameweightforeverville
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Monday, August 2, 2010