2 years post op 60 pounds down.
what could make me think flowered pants were a good idea?
Howdy! First of all, I'm having technical difficulties today, I can't get a side by side thing going with my pics, blogger won't let me write above my pics, it's making me mad. But anyway, I am glad I got my band. I'ts been 2 years on Sunday since I was banded. Here are a few bullet points to summarize my time with the band:
- It really was a good decision for me, I'm glad that I took this step.
- I thought that I would be 100 pounds down in one year, that did not happen for me.
- My first year I lost 55 pounds, the second year, I bounced around a lot and lost a total of 5 pounds. Is it what I thought would happen? No, but I'm still happy that I did not gain back any weight in the second year.
- I am stubborn and it has been a real adjustment learning to make peace with my band and learning my limitations. Very challenging.
- I have a 10cc band and only have 2.5cc's in it. Most days I think I'm too tight even though my last adjustment was an unfill.
- When I see pictures like the ones above, I realize how far I've come and I'm really pleased. Other times, this is the new heavy for me and I have trouble concentrating on the positive and really just think about the fact that I have more to lose.
- My skin has held up pretty good. I'm 49, so I'm no spring chicken, but considering how much I have lost and gained over my lifetime, I think I don't look too scary.
- One of the best things to come out of getting banded is that I've met some of the most amazing women. I went to Chicago twice and really consider myself so lucky that this little piece of plastic brought so much to me!
- I no longer have to scoot my butt all the way over to adjust the seat in my car and I can fit in the patio tables at one of our favorite patio spots. The list of NSV's are long and 60 pounds, well that aint too shabby either.
Thank you all for sharing this journey with me. I'm looking forward to getting to my goal weight, whatever that might be. I do know, that I'm not there yet, but I'm not that far off. I hope you all have a great day!