Thursday, June 4, 2015

Stopping the regain and a whole year has passed!

 

Hello blogland.  I'm past my 5 year band anniversary and I haven't blogged in over a year!  I still read blogs, but pretty much follow people on social media and keep up with my band buddies that way.  On my last post, I was fired up and losing really well.  I have gained some weight back and want to lose 25 pounds to get back where I like to be.  It's was a crazy holiday season that rolled into the Mardi Gras season and then my youngest child graduated from high school!
 
My husband was a Duke this year in our Mardi Gras Krewe, he is an avid deer hunter, so we went as deer hunters and deer.  The picture below is our group.  My husband is front and center and I'm on his lap.  This is me, up 20 pounds.  I don't think I look bad, but I am not comfortable and I know what a slippery slope it is when you start to gain.
 
 


I have been following several bariatric sites on social media and one in particular Bariatriceating.com has great advice on getting re-gain under control.  I like it, it's very to the point and blunt.  There is a plan to follow that is pretty restrictive, but a good plan to get your weight loss started quickly.  The author doesn't play around, she calls it like it is...she said it's a great place to get motivated and get back on track, but don't talk about how you couldn't help yourself with the Doritios, just don't buy them, period.  I need a little more of that in my life.  I wanted to get the winter 15 off before my son graduated from high school, but that turned into the winter 20....and so on  I just have to refocus my efforts.  So much has happened this year, my step son and his wife are expecting a baby boy in July!

I hope you guys are doing well.
 
What are you doing to maintain if you are where you want to be... or to lose if you need to?
Hugs!
T

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

So glad to see you post. I know once you put your mind to it you will lose the weight.

Amy W. said...

Welcome back dude! I feel you on the 20 pounds...it seems like I can gain that 20 pounds in like two weeks...but it takes me 4 months to lose it! I mean...why?!?!? But I am just trying to embrace the philosophy that even if it's not flying off quick, if I am making the right choices and heading in the right direction, that's what counts.

Amanda Kiska said...

Good to see you here! Thank you for the update. I'm glad things are going well for you. Congratulations to your son!

Darlin1 said...

You must have a new grandbaby by now! Congratulations!!

Something that works for me (sorta) is weighing everyday....It helps me to keep myself in check!

Great to hear from you....I don't do any social media.

XO

500 Dollars Website said...

Congratulations
Key Finder Australia