Friday, April 30, 2010
Welcome to BYOC Friday. Five random questions where I ask you things (both serious and funny) you wouldn't normally blog about in an effort to get to know you better. (plus every Friday you don’t have to come up with a blog subject – BYOC is pre-made just for your fried brain!) Enjoy! Copy, paste and answer in your blog if you so desire. Share with anyone else who you want to get to know more!
1. What’s your favorite smell? I love the smell of Gumbo on the stove when it's cold out, fresh plowed dirt, rain and a really clean house, my husband's cologne, those and too many more to list.
2. What is your all-time favorite movie and why? I would have to say "All of Me" it's an oldie, with Steve Martin and Lilly Tomlin, Steve Martin is brilliant in this movie and his walk when Edwina's soul is inhabiting his body is the funniest thing I've ever seen. You should watch it.
3. What’s your trigger food? Goodness, I guess Ruffles with french onion dip and chocolate with coconut.
4. When someone you love is going through a difficult time – what are your go-to words to make them feel better – in just a sentence or two? I usually say that I'm here for you if you need me and then send a note with my phone number to friends. But, for my kids and to myself I always repeat "The Lord is my Shepherd there is nothing I shall want." That has always brought me comfort and when paired with a hug, how can you go wrong?
5. This one is always the same. Who is your nominee for the blog of the week for YOU? Which blog OR comment touched your heart, spoke to you, stuck with you all week? This week Gen's blog (http://ihearttheband.blogspot.com/) SOB was great Judi was so full of real working knowledge, I got so much out of it. And as far as comments, it meant so much to me that Band Babe (http://band-babe.blogspot.com/) commented when she is obviously going through so much right now.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Check out this video of Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers. They were great. They even closed out the show with a bluegrass version of King Tut! So, date night was great. I hope everyone has a great day, we're one step closer to Friday.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I have been doing really well with exercise and food. I find that I'm quite satisfied most of the day, until about 4 o'clock, then the hunger just really starts going strong. I had been thinking that since I was getting hungrier, I must have no restriction, right? Well, last night I ate a turkey burger patty. It was a little dry, so I put some ketchup and mustard on my plate and I began to eat it. Jeez, that thing sat like a brick in my chest for probably and hour and a half. I would have to say, I indeed have something. I've never really been stuck and I hope to never be, but if that was close, I don't want it. Lesson learned: Turkey patties are too dry....ouch.
In other news. I did not have to go back for Jury duty. I was happy about that. And, tonight is date night. We are going to see Steve Martin tonight. He is now touring with a bluegrass band. I remembered that he played the banjo and that he loved bluegrass. I love Steve Martin and would pay good money to see him play the radio. So, I'll let you know how that goes. I'm excited.
Happy Hump Day!
Monday, April 26, 2010
So, I had a great weekend. My sweet husband boiled crawfish for a few neighbors yesterday and they were deeelicious. I didn't have any trouble eating them and was surprised that I could not eat a butt load like I used to. That was a good thing. I did wake up with swollen fingers though, from all that salt.
In any case, I hope I don't have jury duty tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great day and
I hope that on Wednesday I'll have a big loss! A girl can hope, can't she?
Friday, April 23, 2010
The master Mama Pimp Drazil supplied us with this weeks version of bringing our own craziness...
1. Name a career you would NOT want to do and tell why. A pre-k or kindergarten teacher, I was a sub once for my son's class and I swear I drove straight to the liquor store when I got out of there. All I was really required to do was keep the peace, police the potty break, give a snack and let them watch a movie. One little girl freaked out because she didn't get enough marshmallows in her cereal snack and threw them on the floor, stomped on them and began a full on freak out. It was horrible!!!
2. What’s the best present you ever received for your birthday? When I was 6 years old I got a pony for my birthday and a bike all in the same day. My mom and dad gave me the bike and were taking pictures of me riding it, my dad said ride it out in front of the house. He had the horse trailer there, with my pony who I named Jody Lee Bronson after a soap opera character on "The Doctors." What a day.
3. This is from Amy W. (I had a request to copy her question and ask it today in BYOC) (Hope that’s okay Amy!)What do you hide behind? I definitely hide behind my sense of humor. I have always made a point to be the first to point out my big ass and make a joke, before they have a chance to judge me....I win them over.
4. Where were you born? Lake Charles, LA
My hometown is even in a song by The Band:
Anyone remember " Up onCripple Creek" ?
When I get off of this mountain
You know where I want to go
Straight down the Mississippi river
To the Gulf of Mexico
To Lake Charles Louisiana
Little Bessie, girl that I once knew
She told me just to come on by
If there's anything that she could do
Up on Cripple Creek, she sends me
If I spring a leak, she mends me
I don't have to speak, as she defends me
A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one ...bomp bompa bomp bompa bomp!
5. A little twist on this one..usually we ask – what blog spoke to you the most, stuck with you, had the most effect on you this week? This week I’m adding to that which comment may have affected you greatly? I would have to say Sherry @ http://twosticksoralighter.blogspot.com/
her post titled "Taking a stand" it really touched me and made me think. Also, I loved Sandy Lee's thoughts on enjoying the ride and Amanda's post on how everything works out. Also today, when I read Jenny's 100 pound down post I was bawling. I also had some wonderful comments on my blog this week. I just can't say it enough, we are so lucky to have such a wonderful support system in place!
I hope everyone has a great weekend. I have jury duty on Monday so I'm not too excited about that, but really looking forward to the weekend. Happy Friday ya'll.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Well for one thing, my husband is the coolest man. He is my best friend, he tells a story like no one can and we just have so much fun together.
Anyway, as I was saying my husband is just plain fun. We live in Louisiana and Mardi Gras is a pretty big deal here. Lots of fun to costume, especially with someone who will dress up for any occasion gladly. I thought I'd post a couple of costumes for you to see what a good sport I'm married to. I hope everyone has a great day and gets a kick out of these pics. The first one is Mardi Gras 07, we were Beth & Dog (The Bounty Hunter) the second one was at a school fund raiser, it was a 70's theme. Have a great day.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
I have a fill scheduled for May 5 and some days I feel like I don't need a fill other days I think I need the biggest one they can give me. I find that if I really stick with good solid protein rich foods that I can be satisfied for 3 hours or more. Today, I had oatmeal for the first time for breakfast and can tell you that I am some kinda hungry and it's only been and hour and a half. So, maybe I just really need to make better choices.
I want to take my scale out of my bathroom, but don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. I feel drawn to it like a moth to flame....generally with the same results. Any suggestions on just backing away from that darn thing?
Now for brighter news. Tonight is date night! I'm excited about that. I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for all the sweet comments yesterday. You guys are the best!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
My point here is that, our little amazing brains store all that we give them, I mean it's there. People who were traumatized and have no memory of an event can, under hypnosis, remember vividly what happened. That is why I think so many of us are having trouble being kind to ourselves. For years, I have stood before my reflection in the mirror and belittled the woman there. I've told myself that I was not worthy of being attractive and healthy, that I didn't deserve the time and energy that I give to others in my life. It's hard to get to a point that challenges our brains to process the information differently, rather than relying on what's been given to it over and over again.
So, today I challenge myself to begin the process of reprogramming my brain, just as I am reprogramming my stomach. Because we all are Tuesday's child.
Have a grace filled Tuesday.
Monday, April 19, 2010
I hope everyone has a great day.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Big Friday Hug!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
This is my pergola, I wanted to show Sally Hamilton (http://sallyslapbandjourney.blogspot.com)
what mine looks like after 3 years of grape growth. The grape vines just started blooming, they provide a lot of shade. Anyway, just wanted to show you Sally. Everyone have a great night.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Monday, April 12, 2010
Okay this is me and my wonderful husband John in Seaside FL, last summer on vacation and in New Orleans at Jackson Square. We had a wonderful time with friends both times, but I promptly locked away these pictures because they showed more than my smile and were taken by people not familiar with my rules! I hate that my arm shows, I never wear sleeveless for that reason and in the next one my gut shows and I look huge, but it is what it is. So this is my first step in project "own the truth!"
Okay, I did it. Have a good night folks.
Alas, the days of not thinking of food are sadly gone. I'm hungry, I mean hungry. I did pretty good food wise over the weekend although the scale has not moved this week and I'm getting a little crabby about it. I do have to confess though, that I tasted bread last night, a crispy piece of garlic bread and it was delicious and went down like I don't even have a band. And, I drank several glasses of wine last night. My first fill is scheduled for May 5, and I'm ready for it now. I'm going to stay on track with my food, but it's getting harder and harder. I was thinking maybe I'd be one of those folks who kept good restriction without a fill....NOT!
I hope everyone has a great week.
Friday, April 9, 2010
I'd have lunch with Meryl Streep and I'd have whatever she was having and I would try like hell not to act "special" or star struck or scream like a school girl!
2. Where’s the furthest place you’ve traveled to? Well, I've been to lots of places in the states, but out of the country only to Mexico. As I age, I'm a reluctant traveler..
3. If you could describe yourself in 4 words – what would they be? Funny, maternal, theatrical, and loyal.
4. What’s one interesting thing about you we don’t know? I used to be a Kitchen Designer.
5. Finally – whose blog spoke to you, stuck with you, stayed in your mind, resonated with you – this week – and why? Jenny's, Joey's, Amanda's and Drazil's I love that everyone is really digging deep and doing some soul searching, very inspiring.
Okay, now that we've done that. I'm really glad it's Friday. My husband wants to go to New Orleans, it's the French Quarter Festival, but I'm like being a dud and just want to stay home and chill. I let you know how things play out. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Big Friday Hug!!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Again, I just want to thank you guys for your support and encouragement. I just can't imagine how this journey would be without you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Big Hug and happy Friday Eve!
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Am I crazy? Well yeah, but has anyone else felt this way too?
Have a great Wednesday guys! Big Hug!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
1. If you could be a Superhero (like Gilly) - what would you be called or what would your powers be? (Thanks Lori for this question) I would be Super Theatre Girl! Able to turn any situation into a musical theatre moment. (I really do have this super power.) Does anyone else ever feel like a chorus and dancers should follow you around so that when a moment calls for a song, they're there?
2. Name one physical thing you love about you and one mental thing you love about you. Well, I like my feet, I think I have pretty feet. And, I like that I can see the humor in just about any situation.
3. If you stood in front of God (or whatever Supreme Being you may believe in) - what question would you ask him? I'd ask him what his favorite thing about me is? and Why'd you make mosquitoes?
4. Besides yourself - who was/is your biggest enabler in your weight loss journey? I'm pretty much responsible for my own demise, perhaps....The Mars Company.
5. What do you do for a living (another reader request question)? I'm an office manager for a trucking company. My brothers own the business, it was started by my Dad & my Uncle right after WWII.
6. Whose blog hit home for you this week or whose blog made you think the most this week? - Amanda's & Joey's. They have been so brave.
Okay, that was quick. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Monday, April 5, 2010
I haven't had any pain and the swelling in my stomach is much improved. I feel really good and I've even been able to wear jeans again. I just feel really good. My energy level is up, I'm eating mushies, so getting lots of protein in and barely feeling hungry between meals. For Easter Dinner yesterday I ate 1/2 of a devilled egg, 2 tablespoons of green been casserole, 2 tablespoons of grit casserole, 2 tablespoons of strawberry delight dessert and 1 glass of wine, it held me for about 5 hours.....amazing!
Now on to some rather disturbing news. Friday, some friends dropped by I had broiled some fish and made some cheesy mashed potatoes. The potatoes, were....well, they sucked! They were like paste. I shook it off and then low and behold messed up another dish on Sunday. This is unheard of people, part of the reason I needed the band is because, frankly I'm a darn good cook. I never follow a recipe and have been known to create some phenomenal dishes. I can't remember when I've had two fails in a row. I think it's because I really am not interested in food at the moment. I've sort of lost my cooking mojo! How can this be??????
I can't even decide what to eat from meal to meal. I don't know if this disinterest in food will stay or not, but I can tell you, it is something I've never experienced in my life. Like, right now, I'm physically hungry, but I just don't know what I want to eat? I'm not running a million candidates through my head, I just don't really want to eat right now, even though I am hungry. It's crazy, I know!
On the scale front, I'm happy to report down 16.5 this morning, I can't believe that either! Got a love me some Pearl!
I missed out on reading blogs this weekend, but just checked up on everyone this morning. It seems everyone had a good Easter. I'm 47 and this is the first Easter in my life that I did not have a piece of chocolate! If the Earth does a backflip, you can blame me....unheard of I know.
I hope everyone is having a great Monday. I now have officially 83.5 pounds to reach my goal, I haven't need to loose less than 100 pounds in a while, it feels good. One day I'll learn how to post my pics, to get a ticker and all those other things that you guys do so well. Thanks for sharing my journey with me, your support is priceless!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Have a great day.