Monday, March 12, 2012

A Saturday of Girl Scout Cookies....

Leads to a Sunday of PB's which leads to a Monday of liquids and pain. I'm about to celebrate my 2nd anniversary with the band and I can tell you that there are somethings I know for sure. One thing I know for sure is that if I binge (well, a band version of a binge)...I will pay for it the next day in the form of supper tightness and PBing! I think this is why: if I binge...it's because my hormones are prompting me to and that shift in the hormonal balance always results in said tightness and PBing. So, yesterday, I puked so many times I lost count. My esophagus is sore, I'm sore between my shoulder blades, I have a sore throat and last night I kept dreaming about being strangled. So....what do you think I will learn from this? If the past is any indication of the future, not a whole lot! Damn, it sucks to be stupid.
On a different note, I had a good weekend with my boys and John and his daughter had a great weekend at the hunting camp bonding. I still have not had any alcohol, and I haven't missed it. My weight sadly still is hanging at the same spot, but I'm okay with that, I guess. I
I hope you all had a great weekend and have a great week to come.
Big Hugs!
T

10 comments:

Lap Band Gal said...

Sorry sweetie :(

Question: how many girl scout cookies equal a band binge? I could easily finish off an entire box of samoas in one afternoon. Just curious :)

Theresa said...

@Karin, I had 6 samoas over the course of the evening and 1 shortbread cookie and 1 tag a long! I was feeling ill way before I finished the totol of it all. I wish I had a band on my brain that could stop me from going on when I already feel like crap!

Janice said...

Wow...that is not much of a binge. I could eat a box or two. I haven't yet, but I know I could. :) That is only because mine have not arrived! Those darn Girl Scouts! :)Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are hurting. Every once in awhile a GSC binge is just necessary- just not too often.

Barbara said...

Yeah those girl scout cookies get me too. Hope you are feeling better. Glad you had a good time with your family.

Tina said...

Yup--My definition of binge changes from week to week during the month :)

My band is also cookie selective. I can binge a whole box of shortbread. Samoas on the other hand..yeah 6 is a binge.

So yes I am sort of scared that I know that :) because that means that I have actually had a binge on each :)

It sounds like liquids are in your future. I hope your tightness and brain band kick in soon :)

xxxooo

Amanda M. said...

I hope you feel better soon. <3

Steph said...

I opened a box of samoa's last night. Damn Girl Scouts and their cookie goodness. Sorry you are tight, but you'll be better soon with a lesson learned. Hugs! if it's any consolation, I ate about 8thin minths a week ago in one sitting!

Amanda Kiska said...

Mmmmmmmmm.....girl scout cookies.

Sorry, did you say something else? I must have missed it.

Beth Ann said...

That is a big bummer! Fortunately or unfortunately, I have no ill effects to eating an entire box of girl scout cookies. (Well, besides gaining weight) Those suckers slide right down for me.