Friday, October 12, 2012

Infrequent at best!

That's me.  I just can't get into blogging lately.  I read Catherine's post and felt bad and was flattered at the same time that she mentioned my blog and that she missed reading my posts.  Sometimes we start to think that we are just part of the scenery.  Both in blogland and real life.  I know sometimes in the evenings when I'm doing laundry and cooking or cleaning, I feel like part of the scenery, just a machine running in the background.  My family has grown accustomed to the hum of the machine and they find that white noise comforting.  Other than that, I wonder if the things I do for them really matter.  They matter to me, but do they really matter to them?  Do they stop every once in a while and say..."man, it's nice that I always have clean towels and underwear." Or do they only notice on the rare occasion that some other commitment has me behind schedule and I don't get something done? At work, I feel fortunate that I have a really good job that helps me provide for my family, but I don't necessarily feel needed, challenged or appreciated on a daily basis.  I've let that feeling bleed into other areas of my life.  And I need to take a moment to realign my attitude.  I need to remember why I get up early or stay up late to get things done.  I need to remember why I show up at work and that there are rewards for all of those moments.

After Catherine mentioned all of the blogs that have tapered off, I went to find a few that were so important to me, people who inspired me and encouraged me and gave me good information about the band and what was in store for me.  Like Catherine, I too felt bummed when I realized how many of them hadn't blogged in a year, some even three years. 

I see a lot of us banded bloggers spinning our wheels with the band.  Not really going anywhere, some of us even going backwards.  It scares me a little and makes me feel more pressure to get moving in a downward direction again.  It also makes me grateful that I haven't gone backward, even if I'm not moving forward, I'm not going back!


I will turn 50 in 4 months and I really want to be at my goal weight.  That means I have to lose 30 pounds.  Considering the fact that it took me one year to lose 15, I'm not sure what I have to do to get the job done.  I don't feel like a failure at all.  I'm really proud of how far I've come and I think the band was the right decision for me.  I do think that I've put dieting in the background....kind of gotten used to the white noise of just living....humming along, not going backwards, but not going forward either.  And it's time to change that.  It's time to change my attitude toward dieting and work and many other areas in my life as well.

Thanks Catherine for the reminder.  Yet another way that you've been an inspiration to me: your commitment to maintaining a healthy weight and your commitment to blogging as part of that journey and as a way of paying it forward.  I for one appreciate it!

Big Hugs,
Theresa


8 comments:

Stephanie M. said...

I'm VERY happy to see you posting!

A.J. said...

What Stephanie M said.

Tina@The BanditGirl said...

Great post!!!

Sandy said...

You'll get there. I love when one of my crew posts. It's great keeping in touch. Will try to post this week as well. It's been a few weeks. And like you, I wonder if they will ever notice,clean underwear!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Love seeing you post....miss your smiling face and touching words.

Judi said...

So happy to see your post! Like you, I wonder if "anyone notices". It's nice to get the gift YES WE NOTICE!
Last night, as I was getting dressed to go out, I looked in the mirror and realized I haven't taken a good long look at myself for a long time. I figured it was because I was always in a hurry, always busy and always preoccupied. But, then I realized that I haven't been focused on my journey as much as I have been in the past. A good thing and a not-so-good thing. Your post brought me back to that thought! How do I expect others to notice ME and WHAT I DO when I don't even NOTICE ME AND WHAT I DO myself? Thank you for doing that post today! You must have known I needed it!
I knowing losing 30 pounds seems daunting. How about 5 before 50? I think that's a challenge you can win!
Onward!
Judi

Steph said...

It's so nice to see you post and yes, you are one of the bloggers I still love to read. You have a lot going on in your life and although you may not be losing right now, you have kept off the weight and know what it takes to get back on track.

It's so nice to know that you are doing well...keep blogging as you have the time! :)

speck said...

This is a great post.

I can relate about whether the family notices things. I was taken aback(actually shocked) a couple of months ago when my oldest daughter(20) said out of the blue, "thank you for always cooking dinner for us".

And I agree with the few others, I think it's nice to be reminded that we are missed sometimes.

Recognition is nice.:)

Sandra