First of all, thank you for your kind words and advice yesterday about the situation with my step-son. Your words mean so much to me. I know a lot of it has to do with his age, but it's hard to step back and see that when I'm in the middle of it all. So, thank you!
And now for a little bit of advice from me:
I know you've heard the saying "If you love something let it go....if it comes back to you, it's yours, if it doesn't it never was." Beautiful wise words, but I have my own twist on it:
"if you love something, buy it in every color they have!"
Thus the red and black matching tops. Just too cute to pass it up!
Now for BYOC:
1. If you were asked to symbolize yourself as an animal - which animal would you be?
That's a hard one, probably a bear... a mama bear. I'd kill someone who tries to mess with my cubs. I can be sweet and cuddly, until you cross me, you know "mess with the bear you get the claw!" I could probably do a circus act, I like sweets (willing to take on bees for honey) and junk food (willing to take on campers for twinkies!) and I could probably sleep through most of the winter.
2. Did you ever play an organized sport - with coaches, rules and scoring? Tell us about it.
I ran cross country in high school and in Junior High I played volleyball and ran track. But in high school I lettered in Forensics....The letter actually said Forensics. Not like the Forensic files on TV, but Speech and Debate. That was my forte and Drama of course!
3. When did you start shaving your legs? I started shaving my legs in the 6th grade I think. I remember bugging the crap out of my mom and then as soon as I shaved, I wish I could undo it, my legs were so white and skinny!
4. When you're in a crabby - pissy - want to stab everyone you see kind of mood - what do you do to get out of it or do you revel in it?
I usually cry! And I eat chocolate! And I blog and you guys cheer me up. I also lash out irrationally at those around me and then spend the next couple of days apologizing to those same folks. I also listen to music and go online and watch old America's Funniest Video montages and videos of babies laughing!
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blogland and in real life. In blogland there's lots going on: Barbara had her surgery and is doing great, her boobs are so perky, she has to go bra less for a while! Sally is preparing for her gastric bypass next week. Gilly is trying to get my lazy ass to do the challenge, I thought about it for a second, just a second though! And Camille had to get a total unfill! In real life, fighting with my step son, a friend of mine passed away at 47 with two girls 13 and 11, so tragic! I'm a raging hormonal beast. All last week I could eat practically any thing I came across and did not get stuck at all. Today I started and like magic, the old band slammed shut on me! PB'd twice this morning....the band is so fickle, but just when I think it's not in there...it shows me that it is! My hubby is going to the Deer Camp this weekend for some much needed R&R. He has been working so many hours and so hard lately, I hope he has the best weekend ever. I have a party to go to Saturday, I'm excited about that and the rest of the weekend, I plan to catch up on my housework and spend some quality time with my step daughter and if he'll let me, my step son. My boys are going to their Dad's this weekend.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Again, thanks for your kind words.