Monday, July 11, 2011

The Monday edition...

Hey folks, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I sure did. I went to a lovely party Saturday night and spent time with a bunch of my high school friends. It was really nice. We drank and sang and had a good time. I couldn't eat though. On Friday my band decided to tighten up on me and so the whole weekend food wise was pretty rough. I was very hungry and unable to eat much of anything. Yesterday I did lots of puking, so today I'm on liquids and really trying to get past this. I struggle with the red zone when the hormones are in full force. It's a scary feeling and last night my pouch was so irritated that I could barely keep liquids down. Today I'm babying it and things seem much better. Last night though, I would have taken all the fluid out of my band if I could have. There is a lot of uncertainty with the band, but I'm still glad I have mine.


Okay, now...last night I watched the Dianne Sawyer interview with Jaycee Dugard, and OMG! It just touched me so much, that poor girl, her poor mother and those sick people who took her. It just made me so sad for her. I can't imagine what she endured and her poor mother, how she never seemed to give up hope of seeing her daughter again. I had a very restless night of sleep, I kept thinking about it and thinking about our kids, it would kill me if anything ever happened to my kids or my step kids. The world is a scary place.

I ate split pea soup for lunch today, that was about 2 hours ago, and I'm still physically satisfied, but I'm wanting to eat so badly right now. I get like that when I've had a hard time eating, I feel sorry for myself and want to eat to comfort me. What is up with that. So anyway, like I said, this weekend I could barely eat and this morning I got on the scale and it was up...3 freaking pounds. I'm sorry but I just don't see how that can be. I'm not changing my ticker either, so screw that scale. I'm about to throw it out the window, or maybe I need another break from the scale like I did a few months back. It just makes me so mad. I know for sure now I'll never reach 199 before the show in two weeks, at this rate I'd have to cut off a foot to get there. I keep waiting for the Earth to shift again and let me lose. Insert Nancy Kerrigan cry...Why, why, why can't I get there?

Enough of my little pity party. I hope you all have a great week.
Big Hugs!
T

11 comments:

Darlin1 said...

Sounds to me like you are retaining water....with all the trauma you have gone through. Don't worry in a week or so it will show on the scale..I promise!

Dawnya said...

Take care of yourself and that band. I'm glad you are babying it today.

I always feel famished after I have had an "episode" of slim or PB. I just want to eat whatever is in site.

Lap Band Gal said...

Hang in there...you'll see 199. :) Ditto on the water weight comment from Darlin.

Jacquie said...

Ok, here is my take on your situation....I think you are too tight. Being tight causes irritation to the tissue surrounding the band and yes, water is a factor here so its possible to show up on the scale. My fear for you is that being that you are hungry, you will find things that go through your band that aren't necessarily good for you. Been there, done that!

My advice to you would be, not to wait it out, go to the doc to get a little bit of an unfil and just go back to the basics. Protein first. Now that I have the VSG and know what consistent restriction feels like, it amazes me that when I eat my protein first, I can barely get 2 oz of it in! Seriously. On the other side of that coin, no different than the band, it seems that every sugar-laden, white floury carb known to man will go right down without any problem! So unfair. Thankfully, if I eat right, meaning protein first, it fills me up and I don't want those damn carbs! That is the key for me, band, VSG or whatever, very low carbs, under 40 g a day is how I lose weight.

And yes, Nancy, you will get there....just remember how fricken far you've come! I.Cannot.Wait.To.See.You.!!!!!

Laura Belle said...

I wish I had some good words of advice, but I'm up on the devil machine too. Damn flat chested bitch. Anyway. Keep your head on straight and continue to 'baby' it and i think it and you will turn around.
HUGS!

MandaPanda said...

Scales suck. I only change my ticker when I hit a new low. If I changed it every time I had fluctuations, I'd go nuts! I can't watch shows like that...gets me paranoid about my own kids and makes me feel sad for the ones that are never found. Hope your band loosens up a bit

Andrea said...

I was so struck by the Jaycee Dugard interview too! Her and I are only a couple months apart in age and I just can't imagine what she went through!

Shannon said...

I wouldn't change my ticker either. I hope you sleep better tonight

Read said...

i wouldn't change my ticker either - don't give that a second thought!

And yes... oh yes... when I can't eat - I desperately want to eat - and being the persistent little idiot that I am I almost always find a way to make that happen!!!

Beth Ann said...

I hope you feel better soon. That tightness stuff really stinks!! And scales are stupid hell beasts!!

Donut Diva said...

We all go through it. I was reading one of your older posts. Do you find B-12 helps you at all or do you just take it because doc told you to.
Heidi
bandedup.blogspot.com