I've done a lot of soul searching, what am I really afraid of? I must be afraid of something, because my past indicates that when I haven't done something that I wanted to do, it was fear that stopped me. So, what about being at a healthy weight could possibly scare me? Here are some things that pop into my head....things that in the past really did hinder me:
- Fear of failing.
- Fear of the unknown, like...what if I don't like myself as a thin person, what if others don't like me, what if my skin is so nasty I'd rather be fat?
- Fear of attention from men. (this one sounds really stupid, but this was a big issue when I was in my last marriage. Because I was so unhappy, the least bit of attention from men, made me nervous. I think that my fat helped keep me married for as long as I was) I'm in a happy marriage now, so what's my problem?
- Fear of gaining the weight back. (That's because, it was always inevitable before)
- Fear of unearthing a beast under all that flesh!...I joke about it all the time, but I've always felt like God knew what he was doing when he put me in this body, if I was a knock out, I'd probably go half- naked to pick my kids up at school! LOL!
- Fear of being unable to maintain the weight I choose for my goal. This one is based on past experience as well.
- Fear of being ordinary. (again, this sounds stupid, but I'm used to being one of the biggest people in the room. I stand out, if I want to or not.)
- Fear that those last 30 won't really make that much of a difference. This is one that I really struggle with. No one even noticed my weight loss until I was down 50 pounds. I would see people I hadn't seen in a while and they would ask if my hair was different, or something like that, but really....it was 50 pounds before people noticed, it was 50 pounds before I really had to get new clothes. I don't know that 30 will really make that much of a difference.
- Fear that it's not worth the trouble. This one ties into the above fear. Maybe it's not fear at all, maybe I'm just lazy. Or maybe I'm actually content for once in my life. Although, I am happier with myself than I have been in many years...I think it's just me being lazy and complacent.
- Fear that I really don't deserve it...maybe I should just be happy with the progress I've made and quit bitching about where I want to go.
So that is my struggle in a nut shell. Lots of "I don't knows" lots of fear. I read Holly's blog today at 300 pounds down. She's so inspiring...she started her exercise plan with 30 seconds of movement. Surely I have 30 minutes in me somewhere. Today, I will make it a priority to address some of these fears. I will make it a priority to chart a plan to put the piece in place. I don't know...I don't know, but I will try!
Thanks for listening to rant number 400!