LilySlim - Weight loss

Monday, December 27, 2010

Wow, what a Christmas!


I survived the holiday. My boys are back home with me, we had 16 people for Christmas Dinner,and more friends dropping in after dinner. The first guest arrived at 12:30 pm and the last guest left at 11:30 pm. All in all it was a wonderful day. We had terrific food, great wine, great company, wonderful gifts and I didn't gain 10 pounds over the holiday. I did really well food wise until yesterday at my friends house, I ate 5 salted caramels! I just couldn't help myself, so...today I'm doing the "day after too much sugar, jonesing for more thing!" I know that if I just stay away from sugar today, tomorrow will be better. I can't believe how different this Christmas was from last year. I enjoyed myself as always, but this year, I went to bed with a clear conscience, no wishing I had a stomach pump. What a great feeling, even after the 5 caramels from yesterday...they totalled 350 calories, a little guilt inducing, but a far cry from the binges of Christmas Past! I love Pearl. What a great feeling to have the Holiday be about the actual Holiday rather than the food and my guilt about the food. My sister gave me some old pictures from Christmas a few years back, OMG...I cannot believe that the picture is of me! I'll share when I have a chance to scan it. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, I'm looking forward to 2011 and all that it holds. Have a great day!
Big Hugs,
T

10 comments:

-Grace- said...

Glad you had a great holiday, Tess!!!

Jess said...

Glad Christmas went well for you!

Nicole said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous Xmas!

Camille said...

Sounds like fun. Banded Christmas rocks!!

~Lisa~ (Mrs C) said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas was had!!
(((hugggssssss)))

Cindylew said...

So glad your Christmas rocked...no one deserves it more than my Tesser.

Drazil said...

Yippee! Your Cmas sounds amazing...I'm so happy for you!

Miss Vickie "The Queen Bee" said...

Wish I was there with you! ope to see you guys very soon.

Nawlinz Lady (Dee) said...

Tess, I'm glad your Christmas went so well! ~~question? Do you have any problems with gumbo ? I had some delicious Gumbo Christmas eve which I PB'd , I suspect the okra :-/

Sam said...

Sounds like you had a great time & didn't over do it :o)