Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How many times can you clean the slate and still have slate left to clean?

Yesterday I did pretty good food wise, I was feeling good, feeling much more in control. When I got home, my boys were doing the, night before the first day of school shuffle. Finishing up the Summer reading projects that they have successfully avoided for most of the Summer, getting things ready to go back to school, cleaning out the backpacks, and so forth. I am the first to admit that I'm a hovering mom, especially at pivotal moments like back to school freak outs. I was hovering, making sure they had a good supper the night before the first day and well, my sweet husband is giving me advice on how to not have this turn into a stressful evening...did I ever mention that I don't' like advice, unless of course I specifically ask you for it? And even then, I still don't usually like it. Anyway, we got in a tiny tiff, nothing major, just a word here and there, but enough of one that I immediately feel the need to overeat and to overeat on bad food! Why is that? So, even though I was done with my WW points for the day and wasn't hungry, I ate a Little Debbie Oatmeal cake and drank some milk. Now, if I break that down...that's 270 calories that I had over my planned day, not too bad, but if I do that half of the month, that's a pound here and a pound there. Today was my weigh in day and guess what? No loss again, I wonder why? So, today I woke up, got my sweat on, packed a healthy breakfast, lunch and snack and wiped that proverbial slate clean once again.



Speaking of clean slate, I just cleaned and resealed my slate shower (see pic above)

All a part of the weekend activities of cleaning like a mad woman and then rewarding myself with wine and bad food.

And, here are my boys this morning on the first day of school. The youngest is a Freshman, the oldest is a Junior. They look like I'm sending them off to Prison instead of school!


So...once again, I've not lost any weight, I'm still hovering above my low, that same 3.5-4 pounds I've been playing with since I started project accountability and had my de-fill. I have to say that although I can eat again, without pain (which is really nice) and I haven't PB'd or gotten stuck in at least 2 weeks (record for me), if I eat what I know I should, in the proper portions and do the things I'm supposed to do, like stay away from sliders and eat solid protein, I'm satisfied after eating a meal and I stay satisfied for a good 3-4 hours. I think I could probably use a fill, but then again, I think I'm not giving myself enough of a chance to acclimate to my new fill level. I know I need to practice patience and I need to make better choices. I had gotten in the habit of eating sliders, just because that's all I could eat. And, although I wasn't gaining weight, I wasn't losing any either. So, in answer to my question above, I don't know how many time the slate can be wiped clean, but I'm going for at least one more time!


Have a great day, it's Wednesday!

Big Hugs!

T



8 comments:

Steph said...

To quote the wonderful Anne Shirley from one of my favorite books/movies "Anne of Green Gables": "Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

Tomorrow is another day...don't get down on yourself :) Hugs to you!

Dawnya said...

You are going to win this battle Tessie Rose. You know what you need to do...it's just so damn hard.

I'm proud of you for sticking to your accountability goal.

The boys do look like you are punishing them. LOL

Cece said...

I'm impressed that you said: hey, IF I keep this up ... recognition is the first step, right? Your clean shower looks like the exact same shower we had in Cozumel this past winter ... oh, what a great shower :) Your boys are two good looking young men !

Jacquie said...

Absolutely agree with Steph! Do your sons go to private school or do public schools have dress code? I love it!

Beth Ann said...

As many times as it takes, babe! Just keep chipping away. Try to figure out what the trigger point was and maybe have a better answer for next time? One step at a time.

Rhonda said...

Slate will get clean no matter how many times you color on it. :)

And good looking boys you've got there, I bet they had a great first day.

Lap Band Gal said...

You can always start fresh tomorrow...

hilarious pic of your adorable sons :)

MandaPanda said...

Just stay the course...you'll get there!

And you're right...what kind of terrible place are sending those kids off to? They look miserable! LOL!