Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Project accountability, not what I expected...

I did it, I went one week on WW, I counted points, I exercised and I feel terrific. I feel empowered. I swear my pants fit better today than they did last week. Yesterday, I got on the scale and was still at the usual spot, but I was feeling pretty confident. Today is weigh in day, I get up this morning, pee and weigh...hmmmm. Much to my surprise, I was up 3.5 pounds! That, my friends is not what I was expecting! I went for my walk, I came home did some housework, drank my coffee, stripped down to get in the shower...same thing. I guess, I could panic, and get pissed, or I can just take an inventory of the situation and keep going. I mean, I feel really good, if I had not seen the scale this morning, I would definitely think I had logged a loss. So, the plan is still the same, I'm going to keep on with Project Accountability and hope that the loss I feel today will actually show up on the scale next week. Until then, I'll just keep on keeping on!
Have a great day!
Big Hugs,
T

10 comments:

Steph said...

Don't get demoralized. Your body is just adjusting. You will rock that weigh in, but if not, know you are doing what you need to do to be healthy!

Jacquie said...

Very positive attitude! I'm proud of you. I don't care what anyone says, WW is the best plan, if for nothing else, teaching us portion sizes. My daughter Mallory is on the plan and loves it....she doesnt eat her activity pts though, just the weekly extra pts.

Keep doing what you're doing...it will show on the scale but until it does, you already feel it in your pants!

Beth Ann said...

I hear you, sister!! I gained 8 pounds with CrossFit and it about pushed me over the edge. But I KNEW I felt better, so I just got rid of the scale. I'm hoping that it evens out eventually. Keep doing what makes you feel good!

Stephanie M. said...

How strange! I'm sure it's not "real" weight and it will come right off.

MandaPanda said...

Great attitude! If you know you're doing all the right things, then just keep doing them. The scale will catch up. I'm proud of you!

Joey said...

Agreed! Great attitude! If you feel better then you are better no matter what the scale says!

Rhonda said...

I agree with the other gals, it sounds like you've been doing great. Just keep it up and if it's still up by this time next week, then maybe kick it to the curb.

Andrea said...

Good for you! I know it's hard to see that on the scale, but you are feeling good and doing everything right!

Cece said...

I'm right there with you ... doing everything right and the scale goes up. We ARE doing the right thing ~ keep it up :)

Read said...

I'm so proud of you for that attitude - it's just the right one!! I think it's just your body adjusting to the new things your doing and it will get back to where it should be soon enough. You continue to rock!!