Monday, November 29, 2010

A delightful holiday!

Thanksgiving was wonderful, a long weekend filled with family and fun. I hope everyone who celebrated had a lovely time. I have pictures to post, but didn't get a chance to upload them, I'm hoping I will be able to tonight.

Thanksgiving dinner was at my sister's house and we had a great time, with lots of food. I enjoyed myself, and food was not an issue. I did not get stuck, and I did not overeat. When I left my sister's that night, I told her this was the first Thanksgiving that I recall not leaving feeling like crud from overeating. It was a wonderful feeling one that I am definitely thankful for!

On Friday my son had a sleepover for his 14th birthday celebration, a couple of the boys came early and I was fixing grilled cheese sandwiches for them for lunch. I used pita bread and they said they were delicious, so I cut a little sliver and had a couple of bites. What happened after that can be likened to a scene from the "Exorcist." I got sick and heaved for a good 30 minutes, I have never had such an awful stuck/PB episode before and frankly it scared the crap out of me. After that, the evening progressed with teenage boys running around like crazy people, they ate lots of pizza, drank too much soda, ate cake, chips and had a blast. The next morning, I got up and made homemade beignets for the boys and then just pittled about cleaning and putting up my Christmas tree. My sweet hubby came home from the deer camp and we had a great rest of the weekend.

On Saturday we had some friends over for dinner and on Sunday had quite a few friends over for dinner. It was great and today, I do not feel like I had four days off from work. Busy, busy December is upon us and I have to be on my toes to make sure that every thing gets done. I'm looking forward to it.

Yesterday, my husband asked me if I had weighed some where, because I appeared to be pretty calm about the no weighing thing. I have not! He then said he would give me my scale back if I really wanted it and at first I thought yes, but then we talked about it and I decided against it. I'm going to wait until December 5 like we originally agreed upon. I must say that being without the scale has been wonderful. I have not thrown caution to the wind and actually feel really good about myself. I feel like I have lost weight, I've gotten so many compliments lately, it's like finally people can see a difference. I'm happy with my progress and I'm a little bit afraid for that feeling to be compromised by the scale. But, in any case I will be weighing in just 6 more days!

I will post pictures soon from the weekend. Have a great Monday!
Big Hugs!
T

6 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

So glad you had a nice weekend!

Jess said...

Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I happy you had a good time. Just so you know, I AM DYING FOR YOU TO GET ON THE SCALE!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXO

Libby said...

I have to tell you, the suspense of your Dec. 5 weigh in is killing me! Glad you are calmer about it ;-)

Stephanie M. said...

I can so relate! This is the first Thanksgiving ever that I uttered the words, "Oh, just one for me, thanks," and, "Just a tiny bit please, no, much less than that." And the first Thanksgiving that I did not go back for seconds on ANYTHING. (I will, however, admit to a rather large slice of pumpkin pie.)

Jacquie said...

so happy you had a great holiday...oh, and I feel you pain...Literally!