Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh how I miss you...

Although my relationship with the scale is quite sick and twisted. I must admit, I miss it terribly. I'm only 4 days into the no weigh plan and I just don't know if I can do this. My husband is taking his job of hiding the scale from me very seriously and now, I just can't believe I ever agreed to this. Last night I dreamt that I had gained 20 pounds over the weekend. I hope this doesn't turn out badly.

In other news, I had a great weekend, although I drank more wine than I should have. I know I need to get more protein in my diet and this week I'm going to really concentrate on it. This weekend, my band was remarkably unobtrusive, this morning I knew when I had my coffee it would be a tough day. I got stuck on my lunch and stopped as soon as I felt like I was stuck, but not soon enough and well...yuck. I remember when I was newly banded I would get so upset when I read about people getting sick and I thought, I will never do that. Little did I know that you can't necessarily stop that train. Man it was a bad one too.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, I love getting that extra hour of sleep when the time changes, I just wish I could save it to use when I really need it, kind of like a time out in a football game.

Today at work we had our A/C ducts cleaned, ooooh it smells very medicinal in here and I don't like it!

Have a great day folks...
Big Hugs!
T

8 comments:

Blossom said...

I don't know if I could do it without a scale either....even though you know you're doing what you should be, there's that irrational fear the the weight will somehow come back on. Good luck to you!!

Nichole said...

I threw my scale out over a year ago and it is the best thing i did. I was so compulsive and would weight 4-5 even 12 times a day. . . So nice to not obsesses. I only weigh at the dr now.

Gen said...

You can make it scale-less! I know you can! Honestly, I talk a whole lot about not weighing, but I still have this sick "security" knowing that it is right there in the bathroom if I really need it. So silly. I hope it works for you. Try not to stress about it. Remember, listen to your jeans! They will tell you everything you need to know about how you are doing. ;)

Amy W. said...

I love it when the husbands get to hide the scale! Do you remember...and maybe it was on LBT and not on blog world, where one husband hid it in the deep freeze! hahahah

Something About Kellie said...

I am currently hiding from any sort of scale - the challenge weigh in was not pretty and I'm not looking forward to getting on it again this Sunday :(

I believe you can do without the scale - and I don't think you put on 20 pds over the weekend! lol

Amanda M. said...

I would like to throw a smile your way! Here, catch! :)

Bianca said...

You can do it! It won't turn out badly, just listen to your body. I think you'll be pleased at the end of your scale-less challenge.

Anonymous said...

My daughter did not have a scale at her house. I went 2 weeks without knowing how I was doing. I got home a jumped on the scale and was down 2 lbs! I know I should do what you are doing, but I am really not ready for that. Good luck!