Friday, November 5, 2010

When you wish upon a star...


What do you wish for? I can't remember the last time I had a real wish that was not tied to weight loss. When I was a young girl, I used to wish for all sorts of things. I wished that I could fly, I wished that it would snow, I wished that Santa would bring me a Chatty Cathy doll, I wished I could get a new outfit, I wished that a boy might kiss me. I wished I was a movie star, I wished my mom would get well, I wished for lots of things, some things big, some things small, and lots of times my wishes came true.
As an adult, I can say that I have wished or rather prayed for peace in my life, for health for my children and my family, for true love, for recovery from this or that, but when it comes to a real wish, you know... the stare out of the window longingly into the night kind of wish....it's always about losing weight. I wish I was at my goal weight, I wish I had a better appreciation of myself, I wish I could live in the moment, I wish I hadn't spent so much of my life wishing I wasn't me.
When you wish upon a star...what do you wish for?
Happy weekend!
Big Hugs,
T

8 comments:

Pamela E. Williams said...

Love the pic (or course I do he's my Band Conscience ;-D)

When I wish upon a star, I wish I didn't waste so much time finding myself in my younger years, but when I think about it harder I know that had I known what I know now I wouldn't have been prepared for it. I wish I didn't struggle so much financially, I wish the wars in the Middle East were over and that Haiti didn't have to deal with yet another threat of catastrophe, I wish I had gotten my degree a long time ago, I wish I didn't miss my son so much, I wish I could fly a plane and then I could live like the birds in the air, I wish I was closer to goal and that my stomach wouldn't take it's time getting flatter, I wish, I Wish, I WISH I had the answers to burdening questions like why don't I get the things I pray for ALL the time, I wish, I didn't tear up when I question God's work in my life and just except it, it's hard though. *sigh* I wish

Sandy said...

You actually brought tears to my eyes. Memories. I wished for a train set and was stoic on Christmas morning when it wasn't there. I was only about 9 but we didn't have a lot of money. My mom and dad said to look behind the tree and there it was-an entire train set and extra cars. I have a picture of me crying. Because sometimes wishes do come true.

I wish that the weight will no longer consume your life. I wish that for all of us. Because unlike those diets we followed for years, this one will come true.

Jess said...

I'm with Sandy Lee. This was a great post. Very emotional. I am constantly thinking in my head (almost daily) as I am doing random things..."will I look back on this moment when I am older and wish I had done something different.. my hair, my look, my life?" It's very hard to think about.

So I wish for NO REGRETS, NO TAKEBACKS. I wish for REAL HAPPINESS and PEACE OF MIND when it comes to weight loss.

BTW, I love your new profile pic!

Cindylew said...

Sorry to be shallow but...I wish for enough money so that neither me or my husband ever have to work again. We'd get up every morning and choose to do exactly what we want to do on that day.
No more dreading Sunday evenings.

Ms. M said...

Great post & not a question I can answer in a comment. Think I will have to steal your topic and write my own post about it...

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

I'm with Cindylew...more money...so I could stay home all day and take baths in rainbow skittles with Rambo.

Band-Babe said...

Scary, but I don't think I've ever "wished" for anything other than weight loss. I think it's because it's one of the only things I couldn't "make" happen (consistently anyway).

Joey said...

Excellent post. I've always wished to lose weight. Always.