Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A four day weekend!

I'm so excited about the upcoming long weekend. I have lots on the agenda. Tomorrow my sister and I will start cooking in the morning. We love to cook together, it is something that brings back happy memories from my childhood. I make the cornbread dressing, the spinach Madeline and the corn casserole, she makes homemade bread, sweet potatoes and desserts, her hubby will grill the turkey. My boys come home tomorrow, they have been with their dad since last Friday, so I am so excited to have them back with me. My husband is going to the Deer Camp this weekend again to hunt, so he won't be with us for Thanksgiving, but I know he'll be there in spirit and he will be enjoying a much deserved time of relaxation.

On Friday, I will host a sleepover for my youngest son's birthday, he turns 14 next week. Anyway, it's always fun to have 6 boys in the house! And then on Saturday I plan to decorate the house for Christmas, put up my tree and all that fun stuff. Our house was built for entertaining and so we do lots of it. We are hosting my husband's office party and a party for an organization I'm involved in. And my oldest son has a birthday in December too, so we'll be having his party as well! It's a crazy time of year with all of the activity and my husband and I also celebrate our Wedding Anniversary in December as well. Whooo!

I'm getting tired just thinking about all I have to do. Ha! We love to entertain and my husband and I make a great team when it comes to putting on a party. I'm looking forward to all the hustle and bustle of the upcoming season!

I hope you all have a great weekend, I'll be busy so I'm sure I won't get a chance to blog.
Big Hugs!
T

13 comments:

Angela said...

Enjoy your wonderful weekend!!!

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

LDswims said...

It all sounds wonderful! I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jess said...

Sounds awesome. When I eventually have a house built I want it to be easy to entertain in too. I enjoy that kind of thing.

Happy turkey day!

Anonymous said...

wow! You are a busy lady. Enjoy!

Nella said...

Sound amazing! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Amanda Kiska said...

I got the book! Thank you so much for passing it on!

Have a wonderful holiday!

Read said...

wow, busy, busy, busy!! I hope you have a fantastic time, & I hope you'll post some pictures of your decorated house!!! I love Christmasy pictures!

Jacquie said...

Ok Darlin, what is a spinach Madeline? It sounds like something I need to make? You certainly have your work cut out for you in Dec but its all good stuff! I am so happy for you.

We are going home to New York (don't tell Steve I said "home", he gets so mad at me!) for Christmas and my mom, sister and niece will be here the week before Christmas! I get a double dose of them!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving T!

Heather said...

6 teenage boys... You are a brave woman. Have a wonderful holiday!

Cindylew said...

Have an amazing weekend Tesser.

Amaris said...

I found a couple of recipes for Spinach Madeline on the internet. Boy, does it sound good! I may have to make it for Christmas dinner.

I hope you have a wonderful week-end and a great holiday season! Happy Thanksgiving!

MLM said...

busy lady!! and the sleepover to boot! hope you have a great thanksgiving and all goes well!

Band-Babe said...

Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!