Friday, May 7, 2010

Bring your own craziness, ala Drazil:


BYOC Friday! For any of my new followers this means we answer 5 questions you wouldn't normally blog about – some fun, some serious – in an effort to get to know each other better. You’ll see BYOC blogs all over blogland today so join the party if you wish!


1. Do you have any nicknames? (Thanks for this question Joey)• Yes, my given name is Theresa
so, people call me Tessie (which is also my stage name and alter ego), T-Rose, T, Miss-T, Mom and my dear husband calls me sweet mama.

2. What was your “last straw”? The incident/situation that made you decide to get a lap band or commit to losing weight via any plan this time?(This is for anyone on a weight loss journey and is from Heather who will recently be lap-banded.)• Well, when I started this lap band journey I was about 40 pounds from my heaviest weight, I had previously lost 80 pounds and was on my way back up again. When I was at my heaviest, my last straw moment was very clear: My 2 young sons and I were on our 2nd week of evacuation after Hurricane Rita, we were at a shopping center and when I got in the car, I thought my purse was behind me...sadly it was my back fat, I freaked out and my youngest son said Mom, don't worry, we're in Houston... and begins singing this cheesey jingle for the Texas Lapiroscopy Center (Dr. Spiegel knows what you're going through....at the Texas Lapiroscopy Center!) I could have died. That prompted my last big Weight Watchers loss, this time I just realized that I did not have it in me to lose a big chunk of weight again only to gain it back. I was completely worn out from the struggle, so I was having lunch for my sister's birthday with a big group of girlfriends, feeling like crap, looking like crap and I just decided at the table and announced it then, that was in October 09. So that day I called the Bariatric Center and read Amy W's blog for the first time the rest, as they say, is history, 5 months later I got my Pearl!


3. What’s your favorite joke or funny story? (This is from Sandy – she needs some laughter to start the weekend and requested this one.)* I don't have a real favorite, but I'm a big fan of the ever popular blonde jokes. (no offense to my light haired friends) In a high school civics class, they were discussing the qualifications for becoming President of the United States. The requirements are pretty simple. The candidate must be a natural born citizen and at least 35 years old. A blonde girl in the class piped up and began complaining about how unfair it was to require the candidate to be a natural born citizen. In her opinion, that made it impossible for many qualified people to run for the office. She went on and on, wrapping up her argument with "What makes a natural born citizen more qualified to be President than one born by C-Section?"

4. If you could be a TV dinner – what flavor would you be?* I would be a delicious chicken pot pie!


5. The question we do every week so everyone can be a little famous without having to do an official blog award….what blog or comment stuck with you or spoke to you the most this week and why? Well when I was having my melt down about having my fill canceled, Cindylew's comment made me cry....she said I was gracious and grown up. That just made me feel, well a little of both. I was seriously moved by the amount of comments I got in my moment of sadness. Thank you all so much.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. You guys are the best.
Big Hug.
T

3 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

You forgot your nickname from me - my little Rosebud! Great answers!

Jenny said...

Love your answers!

THE DASH! said...

lol Being blond myself I actually identify with the blond jokes - not that I'm that bad, but I def have some blond moments!
Love your answers.