Friday, May 14, 2010

BYOC





BYOC Friday!!!!! **Bring Your Own Craziness**
It’s another Friday episode of BYOC where we answer just 5 questions (some funny, some serious) in order to learn more about our fellow bloggers whether they are old or new followers. Copy and paste to your blog if you want to play along!





1. If you could be a cartoon character – who would you be and why? I would have to say Josie from "Josie and the Pussycats!" She was awesome, rockin that cat suit, she was smart and she could play the guitar and sing!




2. Who was your teenage heart throb? (Thanks Fiona for this one)Ahhhhh....Vince Van Patten.



He was dreamy, I had a million and one "Tiger Beat" and "Teen Beat" magazines and I poured over them, I knew every detail of what he was looking for in a girl. But, before him, I was equally nuts over Jan Michael Vincent, I guess I like 3 names!




3. Do you believe being overweight is about a mental obstacle or do you believe it’s simply about overeating/food?I definitely think my weight issues began as a mental issue. Food was my drug of choice, but I feel like it certainly became a physical issue with me after I'd spent so much time on the yoyo circuit, it then became both. I used food for comfort and then I lost the ability to really know what my body needed, my cravings became bigger than my will to lose weight. A vicious cycle to say the least.



4. What’s your all-time favorite song? That is hard, but I would have to say "Mathilda" by Cookie and the cupcakes. It's a great song from the 50's and it reminds me of my Mom & Dad, my best friend Cammie and I actually met Cookie once (he wrote me a bad check at my business) and it was an exciting moment, even though he was old, poor and drunk!





5. Whose blog or comment spoke to you/stuck with you this week and why? This is our “you get to be famous for a moment” without having to follow all the rules of an official blog award question. Jacquie's tragic loss of her dad and brother-in-law has been on my mind constantly since I heard the news. What strikes me the most is that we have all been so affected by this and we've never even met one another. The feelings I have for this community of bloggers goes beyond explanation. We are so lucky to have one another and I have gained so much from all of the support here. I feel that Jacquie will surely benefit from all of the support that we can give her at this time. I just (to quote Gen) heart you guys!



Yeah for Friday.


Hugs!


T
P.S.
Since I couldn't figure out how to put Mathilda in this post, my next post will be that song.

3 comments:

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Great answers - love you Rosebud.

Sandy said...

Never heard of the song. Cute though-very fifties. My mom and dad used to buy old 78's once a month back then and it too reminds me of them. Jacquie has really opened my eyes as to how we seem to be this great group of friends. Never experienced anything like before.

And lookie you-who will be your 100th follower?

Girl Bandit said...

Great answers...I can't believe we have never met either when i read about Jacquie...I just cried for her and her sister