Friday, May 28, 2010

BYOC and Friday ramblings

I haven't posted for a couple of days, but wanted to thank everyone for the kind comments on my last post. You guys are the best. I'm doing better now, my sad day didn't last long and now I understand it's mostly hormone related. Oh the joys of womanhood. My official weigh day was Wednesday and I didn't post it, it put me at 22 pounds down in 2 months. I'm happy with that, but on Monday I was 25 down, I hate the scale and it added to my overall feeling of funkiness!


Today, when my husband left for work he said "oh no, you're having one of those days." He said that because I have on my black and white top that resembles a maternity top/mu mu. I had told him before that when I wear this top, it's because I'm having a fat/ugly day. He was very complimentary about my progress and said sweet things. I really am feeling good lately and am happy with my progress, so why am I letting the fluctuation on the scale affect me so? Maybe my fluctuation in the hormone department is what's really affecting me. I want to be closer to my goal and I want to see some real change in my body, I'm still seeing the same old me and I guess I'm just impatient.





Now, for BYOC....





1. If you could be a flower, which one would it be and why? I would be a daisy: they are not complicated flowers, they pretty much bloom wherever they are planted. They are simple, but can fit in to even the most elaborate arrangements.


2. Which Sex and The City Character do you most relate to? (Thanks Jenny) Well, my girlfriends and I always talk about that, they say Samantha. They are probably right, but I would like to think I'm slightly more evolved than Samantha. I hope so anyway!



3. If you had a crystal ball or could know one thing about the future - what would it be? The powerball numbers for a really good week!

4. What's your biggest fear in your weight loss journey? I'm afraid that I won't get to my goal, and that if I do get there, I'll be a big ol bag of saggy skin.

5. Repeat question: Whose blog or comment spoke to you the most this week and why? There were some great ones about changes in relationships, but Judi's post today (http://judifromthismomenton.blogspot.com/) on her mom's death was poignant in so many ways. She and I both lost our mothers at 14. It was just very touching.

9 comments:

DB said...

Hey Tess - sounds like we've had the same kind of week =;(. I hope you are feeling better! Oh how I wish I had the courage to go to Chicago :)

Amanda Kiska said...

Tess, You are one of my favorite people in blogland! I love following your journey.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. Hormones suck! You have been such a wonderful friend to me and I can't thank you enough! Have a wonderful weekend....great weight loss in only 2 months!

Pamela E. Williams said...

Congratulations on being 25lbs. down Tess. That is so great. I am continually inspired by you all. Even though you are having one of "those" days, know that you are inspiring someone out there.

Nella said...

throw the damn top away and go buy yourself something HOT and NEW baby!

Jacquie said...

Hi Tess. I'm sorry you have been feeling blecky but you are really doing great and I am also a very big fan of yours. We are all entitled to feeling this way from time to time so dont worry Chica!

Girl Bandit said...

We all have those days. I am having one today and am 52 lbs down so I am obviously thinner than I was...WTF??? Anyway in the beggining I was like you and weighed just once a week and if I didn't get a good loss for the week it screwed with my brain. I took Cara and Catherine's advice and now weigh everyday and take that loss on that day and change my ticker. If I am up a little the next day or week I don't panic anymore because I know the new number will come.

Last week was TOM and I lost nothing although I could hardly eat. This week I have eaten heaps and lost 1kg (2.2lbs) so as you can see if comes in swings and roundabouts but all works out. Hope that helps alittle :)

Bonnie said...

22 lbs in 2 months! Great job. Hope I am as successful as you. Hormones suck.

Steph said...

Yea for another Samantha!!!