Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I hope I didn't jinx Cindylew too!


Yesterday I commented on Cindylew's blog (http://cindylewwho.blogspot.com/) about how lucky she and I were that we've experienced none of the side effects we here others talk about, no PB's, no sliming, no this, no that. Oh what a naive newbie I am. I jinxed myself, how could I think of bragging, just one day after my very first fill?

This morning, I was making lunches for my kids and I was hungry, I had just had my morning walk, so I decided to pop a piece of ham in my mouth....a small piece and I chewed, sort of well.

I swallow and holy stuck batman, not like the stuck feeling I have had before, but a stuck that hurt like Hell! I tried to stay calm and wait til the awful spasm in my esophagus stopped, I took a sip of coffee to help it move. Then.....wait for it.....run to the sink and spew! The coffee almost went out of my nose. And the stuck feeling was still there and, did I mention, it HURT! It took about 10 minutes and then like pop, ewww, I felt it go through the band. Oh holy cow, that was just freaky! I now understand a little bit about restriction. I have a little more respect for the old gal Pearl. And, Cindy.....I sincerely hope I didn't jinx you too! I was starving yesterday and this morning, has anyone else felt super hungry after a fill? Just curious. And thanks for all the sweet comments yesterday. I can't say it enough how lucky we are to have such a great support system.
In other news...21 pounds down on my official weigh day! I talked to my Gyno (who is banded) yesterday about the swollen area, she said, that's were they put the band in, she said it looks fine and will take a while for the swelling to subside. I felt okay about that, it doesn't hurt and it looks fine. If it concerns me in a week or so, I'll call my surgeon. And, of course it's Wednesday....date night. Yipppeeee. Have a great day!




Hugs!


T

19 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, OW!! Welcome to the Linda Blair club!

Anonymous said...

Oh lordy, I'm scared now! Enjoy date night!

Sally Hamilton said...

Sometimes it will hit you over the strangest things. I've even gotten stuck on yogurt before - go figure. But, now you know ...

LDswims said...

Eeks! I have realized that's the scary thing about big fills - you get used to it one way...then bam...

Good to know about the swollen area. I hope the swelling goes away soon.

Tina said...

I have found that putting liquid on top of the stuck is ill-advised. I know it is what we have always done but with a band...it is like putting liquid on top of a cork.

chew chew chew :) and it means your band is doing its job.

Tina

Barbara said...

Yikes O Yikes.. I have to agree with Tina.. the one thing you don't want to do is to add liquid on top of a stuck episode.. I find it fuels the sliming.. and not fun.. I don't know where the hell the slime production comes from (I may need to research that one)..
Take it easy.. try to soothe yourself with liquids later on..

Sandy said...

I love the Linda Blair nomiker for a PBing episode. I too learned to resist that urge to drink. Worst possible outcome even though it only feels natural to want to wash it down. OWWW! Yup, some escape but in the end I think it gets em all. Hope it eases a bit.

Gilly said...

Crazy! I've still never done that! Knock wood!

Janice said...

For us prebanders...the Linda Blair episodes are a bit scary!!! Okay, one day at a time.
The good outweighs the bad. :) Deep breath... Hope that you have less of these episodes in the future.

Nella said...

So hard to refrain from drinking while stuck! Just walk it out and breath!

Joey said...

Learning if fun, isn't it? I had my 3rd and by far worst stuck episode 3 days after my 3rd fill. It lasted 50 minutes! I didn't chew well....but now I chew the hell out of everything because I'm so scared.

Who is Linda Blair, the bionic woman?

Amanda Kiska said...

After my second fill, I felt like I was in a whole new lap-band world. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but great job with the 21 lbs.

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you posted this because somehow I missed that you shouldn't take a drink to help when you are pbing. It's been a while since I learned something new so thank you. I'm glad your doc said your swelling is okay.

Camille said...

Don't evoke the band gods again!! I hope you feel better!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Oh you poor Rosebud...I'm so sorry....it wasn't really ham. I told Draz to go over and say hi to you and the idiot jumped in your throat. Ugh. I'll kick him in the balls for you okay?

Cindylew said...

Alright my little partner in crime...what were you thinking???
Just kidding...I'm just being cocky for the next 14 days...1st fill is two weeks from today.
Seriously doll...I hope you're feeling better soon...enjoy date night.

THE DASH! said...

Ow, ow ow ow ow! Damn, but thats unpleasant. Just goes to show, when you think you're safe.. youre not. :)

Maria said...

At least your stuckness went down! Mine usually sits there for two hours, then comes back out! And like someone else said, I too have learned the hard way not to add liquid when stuck. Bad times!

Congrats on the 21 lbs!

Girl Bandit said...

You are better than me...if I am stuck too bad I usually go and PB!!! Welcome to the club!!!