Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day was great!

This is my little family. This was the picture on our Christmas card last year, it read "Stayin afloat" we were out of our home still after flooding from Hurricane Ike. My children are the boy in the white striped sweat shirt( he's 13) and the boy sitting on top of the boat in black (he's 16). The other two are my step children he is 19, she is 14. I love being a mom, it has always been what I am proudest of and what I feel defines me. I'm so very proud of my boys. Being a step mom has been very rewarding too. We have had our moments, but we love each other and I know that we are a family now and nothing can ever change that.



I had a wonderful weekend, the kids waited on me, they showered me with gifts and they truly made me feel very special. I'm lucky, I have a wonderful husband and great kids. Yesterday we spent the day with my siblings and all of our kids. We had boiled crawfish and they were delicious.



I forgot to post my weight loss last week, how did that happen? Anyway, I'm down 20 pounds and ready for my fill next week. I hope all of you who are Mothers had a special day yesterday.



Oh, one other bit of news, I spoke with Miss Vickie this weekend on the phone in case you don't know Vickie yet you can check out her blog (http://thequeenbeeslapbandlife.blogspot.com/). Anyway Vickie is my roommate for Chicago, I'm so excited. She sounded really sweet and I know we are going to have a blast. When I first spoke, she said "Awww, you have a cute Southern accent!" That made me laugh, because of course I think I sound completely middle of the road. Just wanted to share that, I am really excited about meeting all of you gals. Happy Monday!

Hugs,

T

10 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

Your kids are adorable! Good job, Mom!

Jen said...

Awww..so cute! Congrats on the losses and I'm glad you were able to speak to your roomie. I also think it's funny when people think I have an accent. I mean, I'm Midwestern plain white bread. Everyone ELSE has an accent, not ME. LOL! We must all think that.

Band-Babe said...

Cute family!

My east coast accent has been coming out badly lately, I always thought I was middle of the road about that, too...

Here's my email:
larahalsey2003@yahoo.com

Let's talk Fibro. I got better with antidepressents and losing weight. It got to the point where ibuprofen was acceptable pain control when I needed it. I white knuckled it for a very long time though, and if this is the beginning of the end, I'm going down fighting, while I have the energy to do so. I honestly think the pain from my tummy tuck triggered this. I am frightened.

Bonnie said...

Your little family is adorable. Good you could work out a good relationship with your stepchildren. I don't think you'd make a good step monster. Great job on the 20 lb loss. I can't wait to meet you in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

What a nice family you have! Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's day. I can't wait for Chicago!

Jacquie said...

Nice pic Tess and great weight loss going on!

Lap Band Groupie said...

What a beautiful blended family...and congrats on the 20!!!

Cindylew said...

What a beautiful looking family...you are one lucky lady and they are equally lucky. Great news on the 20 lbs...gone forever.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Awww Mother's Day was great cuz you're a great Mother! Smooches my Rosebud.

THE DASH! said...

Beautiful kids :) Sounds like Mothers Day was a hit. Such good news. Congrats on your weight down so far :)