Monday, May 24, 2010

Stuck!


I had a busy weekend, lots of fun stuff to do. Friday night I went with a group of women to a fund raising dinner, that had a seven course meal, each course paired with a different beer. Well, first course was an oyster appetizer, went down fine. Second course, catfish....stuck. Ouch, no more courses for me.
Saturday, went to a crawfish boil, the crawfish were huge and delicious, I was super hungry....never a good combo. 5 crawfish tails in....stuck...ouch, had to walk around for 30 minutes before it passed.
Sunday morning, I was very careful, that night we went to a graduation party, super hungry....1 bite of a chicken wing...stuck! I thought was going to PB, but didn't, it hurt like hell and I was still so hungry.
I hate that. I understand that it really is operator error. When I'm really hungry, I set myself up for disaster. I try to go slowly and chew well, but I keep getting stuck. I'm really going to have to reassess how I'm doing things. I definitely can say that my fill is working, I'm really losing good this week and I'm so glad, but man....I don't like getting stuck! This week I'm going to concentrate on waiting a considerable time between bites, maybe then I can avoid the dreaded traffic jam.
I hope everyone had a great weekend, my kids are wrapping up finals and will be finished with school on Wednesday, I can't believe it, this year has flown by. I'm looking forward to all that the summer has in store for me and my family. Have a great Monday!
Hugs,
T

13 comments:

Tina said...

There is a period in this band path where you do have to reassess eating when hungry, chewing, too fast, and plain old too much. It is quite a balancing act. Once you get it figured out the eating goes much more smoothly and the weight keeps coming off. It took me ages to get all four things right and several fills, pb's and stuck episodes. You sound like you are on the right track in thinking it through.

Tina

Bonnie said...

My high school student is finishing up school this week and elementary is next week. This past 6 months have gone so slow because of my band anticipation. I'm so looking forward to summer and getting my band. It's nice to hear Tina say that what you are going through is normal and it will take time to get the hang of. Good for me to know to when my time comes.

Amy said...

I have had the same problems in the past (still do occasionally). I have to tell myself to just take it slow, no matter how hungry I am. And remind myself that I get full quicker, so it's not a race. IT'S NOT A RACE. IT'S NOT A RACE. I am getting better, but I'm also six months out, so it does take time to learn to accept it!

Pamela E. Williams said...

Reading this gives me the shakes. I soooo don't want to get stuck, but after reading what Amy said, I will keep in mind that it is not a race. Lord, I'm scared.

Sally Hamilton said...

Make sure you're not consuming liquids with your meal, that will actually make the "stuck" feeling worse. Strictly follow that rule about no liquids 30 minutes before or after eating.

Joey said...

after getting stuck the area is likely irritated too, so then I think you are more likely to get stuck again unless you switch to liquids for a while. At least that's how it is for me.
Sorry you are getting the ouchies! It's a learning process, right?

LDswims said...

Eeks - that's a lot of stucks. I hope there isn't any inflamation as a result but can't see how there isn't at this point - especially if those crawfish were spicy! I hope it calms down!

Yay for the weightloss, though!!!

Amanda Kiska said...

I love the pic you selected for this post. I am right there with you getting stuck. It is nice to hear from the "veterans" that it gets better.

Judi said...

Oh, I'm also experiencing some super stuck moments. It all started yesterday and I'm still struggling a bit. I better take it easy...
Yes, that wine sure does go down good even if the food doesn't! One bottle later and I definitely had a Saturday headache!
Onward!
Judi

Lonicera said...

I'm going through a stuck phase too, and that picture says it all!
Caroline

Jenny said...

I hate getting stuck. I always get hiccups before I get stuck. Its my warning sign. We just need to slow down. You're making awesome progress!

Cindylew said...

Will you guys just stop getting stuck...it's scaring the poop right out of me.
Was that selfish???? I'm just kidding Tesser...I hope you're able to eat comfortably really soon.

Girl Bandit said...

Love the pic...hate being stuckl and usually make myself PB....hang in there it will get better