Friday, March 18, 2011

BYOC

It’s BYOC Friday – Bring Your Own Crazy! Five little questions – some funny, some serious – that you can copy and paste to your blog. We do this in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break! Enjoy!

Side note: Some of the questions today or upcoming may be repeats BUT some newbies have asked that I ask them so if you don’t mind re-answering that’d be great for all the new bloggers who are getting to know us “oldies”!

1. Regardless of what stage you are in - in your weight loss, get healthy journey – do you still consider yourself “fat”? Was there a point when you stopped feeling that way?
Yes, I do, because I am still fat, although I feel much better about myself and feel much healthier and much more “normal” looking, I also am a realist and know that I am still fat. If I go by the BMI chart, I’m still obese for 12 more pounds, in fact.

2. Tell us about your first kiss.
I was in the 7th grade, and I can’t remember the boys name, I think it was Don, but it was at my friend Brenda’s house, she had a boy/girl dance party, he and I danced a lot, because he was likely the only one there taller than me (to Bread songs of course, all slow dances.) Later on in the party we played spin the bottle, and he and I had this big long kiss. I remember thinking I might die from suffocation and, as I recall, he was not a very good kisser, kind of sloppy in fact.

3. Describe your parenting style (either current or what you hope to do or what you would do if you ever had kids)?
I don’t really know that I have a style. I am a very maternal woman and I love being a mother and having a close relationship with my kids. I try really hard to be consistent and stick with what I say. Other than that, I think humor is a good tool to have as a parent, we laugh a lot at our house. All I can say for sure is that I really do try hard to be a good mother and step mother and to let the kids know how very much I love them, sometimes I fall short, but I do try. I find it much more challenging to be a step mother, because with your own children you know that when you fuss with them or punish them or whatever… you already have this life-long relationship with them, they know you have their back no matter what, they know where you stand and they know you love them no matter what. But with your step children you don’t have that advantage of a life-long love, it’s very challenging, rewarding, but challenging, especially for an emotional person like me.

4. How would your best friend describe you?
I think she would say I’m funny and a good listener (I would say the same for her!)

5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
In blog life, so many people are approaching their one year mark, it’s exciting and I’m so thankful for all that this blog has brought to my life. And…my husband’s blog has a fancy new look thanks to Jenny. He’s giving me a little competition, but, he writes such funny, sweet stuff about me that I’ll just have to let him slide.
In real life, it’s track season again and so I’m going to a meet tonight to watch my son run. I’m excited for the weekend, I’m finally getting over the blues that come along with the time change for me. Monday, I go to court again with my ex, I’m looking forward to it, about like a root canal with no anesthesia.
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments on my blog post with the before and after pics. You guys sure know how to make a girl feel good!
Have a great weekend, Big Hugs!
T

6 comments:

Nella said...

love the pics down below!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Love you Rosebud!

Beth Ann said...

Spin the bottle. Spectacular! :)

Tina said...

Bread? your not old enough to have been listening to them when you had your first kiss :)

ahh spin the bottle..those were the days!

xxxooo

Read said...

spin the bottle... oh my.

the step child part made me tear up a bit.

I love track and think my little guy will run when he's old enough, I'm looking forward to it.

(I'm just checking here - do you get my responses to your comments on my blog? I thought I'd see them in the comment section of your latest post, but I didn't. I responded to your comment to my post that was sparked by your husband's post - I'm just trying to make sure I'm talking to who I want to be talking to - LOL)

Read said...

Okay - first of all please tell your husband that when I was posting advice on his blog about how to reply to comments I was apparently at least in part talking out of my ass.

Now for my recent comments to you
In response to what does MOB mean.. "It means Mean Old Bastard. Around these parts we usually say BMOB pronounced Bee-Mob which means, big mean old bastard. I often affectionately call my husband that - I believe he came up with the term originally."

I replied to your comment to my post that had been sparked by your husband's post... "That's it exactly! I have no doubt when Brad looks in the mirror he sees someone like Kevin Costner, only for him, it would much more likely be superman or batman, but that's a whole different story. How do we get us some of that??"

And I swear there was a third one, but I can't find it in my email to save my life.

I have John's email - do you get those too, or should I just comment on your blog like this?

And I would love it if you guys were able to come down when I'm in town!!