Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Why?

Why is it that after a tough time with my band, getting stuck and PBing, I want to eat everything in sight? Today I have just been so... in the mood to eat. I want to eat bad things, good things, all things! I'm still pretty tight and am having to be careful. But all I can think about is candy and chips and junk! Does anyone else experience this. I have noticed it in the past, like I feel sorry for myself because I'm hungry and can't eat, I feel deprived and all of that triggers the desire to overeat and eat badly. Then today, Grace told us about Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt. I love all things sweet and savory together, so I got some! It was divine, OMG! I shared it with my co-workers, so I didn't do badly calorie wise, but I have enormous guilt feelings after I eat things like that. I walked the Easter candy Isle and fantasized about every delicious morsel. I didn't get one of everything like I wanted....I shared the thing I got. In the big scheme of things, that was pretty good. I hate that I feel like I'm cheating on someone! I still have some work to do on this brain of mine. Again, I thank you for all of your uplifting comments. You always know how to make me feel good, now if you could just make me feel like exercising and eating right, we'd be in business. I hope you have a great day! Big Hugs, T

13 comments:

Jen said...

Ima get me some of that sea salt chocolate goodness as soon as I can get myself out of work. Yes, I've been there done that and it's called PMS'ing and it's only temporary. I think we've all somehow cycled around and we are ALL PMS'ing at the same time. God Help Us All!

Maria said...

I get the same way after a PB or a bad stuck episode. I think it is a bit of feeling sorry for myself. And, yeah, if you like that sea salt and chocolate mix? Try Chocolove's Sea Salt and Almond in Dark Chocolate. YUM!

Amanda Kiska said...

I always feel sorry for myself too. It is the only time I really wish I wasn't banded. Luckily it doesn't happen much anymore.

Sandy said...

Same with me. When I was too tight, I lived on ice cream and chocolate. Now after the unfill, I can eat anything and everything. Somehow the band when at the perfect green spot takes those thoughts away. Just more to say that there is more brain than stomach involved. Good luck in getting some relief.

Donut Diva said...

It is the truth. I Pb'd and five seconds later I had a peice of chocolate in my mouth. It is just silly.
DD
bandedup.blogspot.com

Linda said...

I do the same thing - in my mind I'm so deprived after a bad time I deserve that bad food(whatever it may be).

Jacquie said...

Yup...me too. You are not alone with this.

Janelle said...

I was having some MAJOR sweets cravings this weekend.. a trip to cold stone cleared that right up!! =/

Tina said...

I totally do the same thing..I personally think it is part mental but mostly our body sayins..WHOAaaa...you think you are going to lose some weight? Um..NO....and then makes us really hungry for the highest calorie crap we can get our hands on.

but then I like to think of my body as a separate personality (hmm kinda of like Drazil does I guess..that other Tina who screams for food! :)

xxxooo

Ashlylin said...

I definitely do this. Some days I am just in the mood to eat. I can fight the urges at work but when I get home I find myself wanting to eat things I don't really like (hot dog, pop tart, etc). YUCK!

Amanda said...

I so know how you feel. These last 2 weeks are killing me. Food. I even ate .5 of a donut first thing this morning! Why only .5 you might ask? Well it's because I then had to PB...wonder if that means I only at .25?? I wish this damn period would start.

MandaPanda said...

Sounds like it's a definitely a band psychosis. I feel the same way after bad PB episodes. If I can hold out or at least minimize the damage for a day or two, I usually snap out of it.

Beth Ann said...

I just constantly crave chocolate. Good band days, bad band days, whatever. Hence the reason for my Lent Chocolate detox! :)