Monday, March 7, 2011

Today is Lundi Gras!

Yes indeed, it's Lundi Gras (Fat Monday) the day before Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday), tomorrow is the last day of the season, I've had a wonderful time, but I'm glad it's over. I've said it before, too much of even a good thing, is too much! We had a very eventful weekend again, Friday was a parade, Saturday our last ball of the season and Sunday a neighborhood dinner party at our home. The ball that we went to on Saturday is know for their elaborate court costumes, I thought I'd share a few pics with you. The theme was twisted Fairy Tales, and our friend's daughter was the Queen, so we had special seating, it was all quite exciting. Enjoy the pics!

The Queen

The King


Duchess representing Snow White


Jack and the Beanstalk

Me and Don (his daughter was the queen)




And, finally one of the boats at the lighted boat parade.
Tonight I will be presented with the rest of the court at the Royal Gala, it's a big event where every Mardi Gras Krewe presents their Royalty and we promenade. Then tomorrow is the big day, capped off with riding in the Krewe of Krewe's Parade. Have a great day!
Big Hugs!
T





9 comments:

Jacquie said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Maybe next year I can experience this with you!

Tina said...

WOW-it looks like such fun! The costumes were gorgeous!

I just read the previous post...what a great milestone despite the angst that created it. Mine kids are now 18 and i cannot say that all of the fallout from my previous marriage are gone but they definitely lessen.

by the way..loved your husbands comment :)

Shannon said...

wow that looks like so much fun! I would love to go celebrate mardi gras in new orleans one year! that would be awesome!

LDswims said...

Those costumes are insane! Gorgeous!

And you are absolutely stunning in that photo!

I bet you are ready to tone it down now. What a way to bring on Lent!

Ms. M said...

You look fantastic! The costumes are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

Beth Ann said...

Wow!! HOW FUN!! My friend is from Southern Louisiana and she always talks about the fun of Mardi Gras. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Steph said...

How much fun that must have been!!! You look fabulous by the way!

Sam said...

Those are some costumes :o)

Read said...

Oh my goodness, how do they move in those things?? They are totally amazing!!