Thursday, March 10, 2011

I can't turn it off....It's who I am!

Have you ever really identified with a character from a TV show? I mean really? I have, I do.

Today I was reading Deborah's blog, and she was commenting on "Modern Family" which is my favorite show on television right now. I have to tell you....I am Cameron! As I told Deborah, I don't know how I should feel about identifying so strongly with an overweight, over-dramatic, queen who happens to be a man! But...I do. It's so funny, every time my husband and I watch the show, he's like that is soooo you! Sad but true!

On another note about the hubs, today on his blog he talked about how skinny girls are overrated. He said something on his blog today that absolutely fascinated me, and I quote:
" If there is one thing I have discovered through trial and error.... it is that I love voluptuous women. I earnestly believe that emotionally, physically, and even spiritually that they are just better prepared for life." Hmmm, I think that is a nice statement and I'm sure he feels that way, partly because he is married to a "voluptuous" if you will, woman. However, this woman is striving to be less "voluptuous" and I feel that my emotional, physical and spiritual self will certainly be accessible in a new thinner form. Perhaps the man is jaded, because his ex wife was skinny, but trust me, she would be mean and crazy regardless of her size, this much I know. Just like I am finally coming to the understanding that I will be me, the same me that my husband fell in love with, just a little less of me and perhaps a more confident me. Anyway, it's food for thought.
So....are there any characters on TV that are so you?
It's Friday Eve, yay!
Big Hugs!
T

12 comments:

Heather said...

Our family is totally the Heck's from The Middle. My mom got me watching it as she just laughed and laughed saying it was like staying at our house. I don't know if that is a good observation, but at least she is truthful!

Read said...

I don't watch enough TV to really comment on that part - but... what your husband said... I believe. I have always thought that people who have faced issues that are not in going with what is easiest in our country - race, ethnicity, size, gender, yadda yadda yadda - are better prepared for life in many different ways. We've had to find ways to cope and fit in and get done what we needed to get done - even when there were odds stacked against us for one reason or another. It's certainly not 100% true, but I think it's more true than not.

Bonnie said...

I love Modern Family and I love Cam. A character doesn't really come to mind when I think about myself.

Kristin said...

I think John's point is sound. I've always thought not being particularly attractive in my teen and early adult years forced me to develop a sense of humor, intelligence and a sense of kinship with people who were, well, average. I have family members who were always really pretty, and they relied on their looks a lot. I never thought of it this way at the time, but I think I was blessed to not have that option. It really pushed me to develop as a person.

I LOVE Cameron, so it's no surprise that I loved you the minute we met!

Lyla said...

Modern Family is awesome, and I love Cameron. Too funny.

I don't think my personality must be television material, but I will tell you that my husband and I both decided his is Marshall from How I Met Your Mother.

Sherry said...

Ok. Seriously? That was my favorite scene from a sitcom EVER. Husband and I rewinded it 6 times. SIX. Love that freakin' show but REALLY love Cameron. And you.

DiZneDiVa said...

Ok, I love Modern family... and I see us in all 3 couples... Which is hysterical! Definitely, my husband and I are most like Claire and Phil but we have so kids... and George is a little Geeky and overly cutsy with me like lovey dovey Phil but the other TV couples I see us in are definitely Audrey and Jeff on Rules of Engagement... except he's not cutsy enough with Audrey. But the obsessive sports nut thing is there... So, then I go young, and definitely Eric and Donna from that 70's show(I think when they broke up, I was overly upset since they remind me so much of me and George), and also Eddie and Joy from the short lived Til Death. I think my personality is most like Joely Fisher's character Joy from Til Death and Laura Prepon's character Donna on That 70's Show... It's strange that they are both also redheads... but the hair is supposed to bring a fiery dramatic personality... and I live up to that stereotype... This comment has turned into a blog post. Sorry! Actually, Cameron from Modern family is a wonderful character and I didn't know you were such a drama queen like me... but I wonder is your hubby straight laced and serious like Mitchell, because I think those type characters seem to fit well together.

Linda said...

I love Modern Family so much. Rick and I are actually most like Cam & Mitchell with the bickering(but we can't decide who's who).
My husband always said I was just like Grace (Will & Grace), which may not seem obvious if you don't know me that well because she has a big, loud personality(and I don't), but we had a lot of the same freakish personality quirks.

Anonymous said...

Modern Family is the bomb!!!! My kids just laugh their ass off when they watch! My daughter fell off the chair when Phil said Happy Valenbirthiversary!!!!! I have no idea who I am like. I guess I need to think about it.

FritoBandito said...

I'm so Monica from Friends...I didn't used to be a neat freak, but somehow I grew into this person over the last 10 years...it's weird. There are other things about her that are so me, too...I know Friends is an older reference...but it's the only one I have right now. LOL

Joey said...

Uuuuuuuuhhhhh. Crap. Now I'm going to have to find out what this show is. I've never seen it. I don't watch TV, just netflix.

I think I'm a cross between Homer and Lisa Simpson if that makes since.

xoxo

Cindylew said...

Love, love, love Modern Family...Tivo it every week...love Cameron for all of the reasons you say he's like you.