Thursday, March 24, 2011

In anticipation of my Bandiversary!

Tomorrow it will be one year since my surgery. It hardly seems possible. It's been a wonderful year, filled with excitement and a few ups and downs. I've learned a great deal about myself and Pearl my band. There is still much that I need to learn...for instance, when to just stop. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but when my band is irritated and I have repeated stuck moments and PB's, you would think that after a year, I would know to just stop, don't try to eat anything but liquids and mushies and don't tempt fate, just stop... yeah, well I'm a slow learner. Last night I had one of the worst PB/stuck episodes of my banded career, I was in pain I babied my band after that and then in the middle of the night I woke up and out of habit just took two giant gulps of water from my cup and was up half the night retching and feeling regret.

All that aside, I will say that I am so grateful that I got the band. It has been a challenge trying to undo 47 years of bad eating habits, but overall, I think I've done okay. I looked back on my blog and found my top ten list of things I wanted from the band. Here it is:



10. To no longer be obese. (I am 9 pounds away from not being Obese on the BMI chart!)


9. To feel comfortable in my clothes. (I would say that this has happened for me, I'm much more comfortable in my clothes and with myself.)


8. To get my blood pressure under control. (I'm still on meds, but my blood pressure is 116/66, so on my next visit I think my doc will start weening me from the meds, before, my BP was high even on 2 kinds of medication.)


7. To take a beach vacation and not feel inclined to wear at tent! (I think this is not going to be a problem, I've been searching swim suits online already in anticipation, and it should be way better than last year.)


6. To adjust the seat in my car without having to move my butt to one side to get my arm down there! (Victory, I never thought that would happen for me, but it has!)


5. To no longer know the Muffin man! (he lives above my waist) -- (I'm happy to report, no muffin top!)


4. To weigh less than my husband. (Yay! Again, I never thought that this could happen, it's not by much, but it feels great!)


3. To wear a football mom shirt and not feel so out of place. (Done, I'm starting to feel more and more normal!)


2. To weigh less than the average starting lineman on any given Sunday.(Done! The actual average weight of linemen in the NFL is 270, so Yay!)

And....the number one thing I want from the band.....

1. For my personality to be bigger than my butt! (I don't know about this one, but on some days I think yes...maybe so!)


I still don't know if I'll be able to locate my befores, but if not, I'll save them for my 2 year post or for my goal post....which, I now know I will reach! I shudder to think what a lonely journey this would be had I not stumbled upon this wonderful community of bloggers. I still can't believe that I flew half way across the country to go hang out with people I met on line in Chicago last year, it just goes to show you that what we have here is really special. I thank you all for your support and the camaraderie. I'll post officially tomorrow. Have a great day!
Big Hugs!
T

16 comments:

trishajo said...

What a great post Tessie - you're such an inspiration for me!! :) Congrats on your bandiversary!!

-Grace- said...

Great list!

Stephanie M. said...

It's wonderful to be able to cross those items off the list. :-)

Susan said...

Happy Bandiversary!!! So great to have met most of your goals :)

Beth Ann said...

Awww...what a wonderful post! I think we get caught up in the day-to-day struggles that we forget sometimes to look back and appreciate how far we have come. It makes me so happy to read posts like this. :)

Joey said...

I love this post almost as much as I love you!

Gilly said...

I'm so glad you DID fly across the country! You are lovely and I love this post :)

Cindylew said...

Awesome post...awesome bandster.

Kiki said...

Great list! I like #6... for me it would be to be able to flip the switch in my car that opens unlatches the gas cover without having to open the driver's side door.

Kristin said...

Lord, girl. Your personality is way bigger - and better - than your butt. You've done fantastically, and you deserve every bit of happiness.

Annie said...

Awesome progress! What great goals, and to have met them...well, that's amazing!

I have never seen your butt, but, unless it's the size of Louisiana, there's not a chance in hell your butt is bigger than your spectacular personality!!!!

Dawnya said...

My beautiful Tessie Rose...I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments. You are an amazing woman!! You deserve all the gifts Pearl has allowed you to receive.

Keep up the good work.

Lap Band Groupie said...

Happy Bandiversary! And you've got #1 covered in spades!!! Great list!

MandaPanda said...

Awesome list! It's amazing how far you've come in just one short year!

Colls said...

Love your list! I see these lists and I really wish I had made one! <3

LDswims said...

What a great post. I love your list! I look forward to the day that we can meet!!